Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside!!

OK, not today...it was actually pretty nice today.  What weird weather swings.  Yesterday I spent the day in PA with my mom.  On the drive up, it was a balmy 8 degrees outside (yikes!!!!)



Yes, I know that's a lot of miles on there...she's a good old girl though, I think she has another 100K in her!!

I kept myself warm with the cozy back warmer.  It is supposed to be a butt and back warmer, but the butt portion went from burning a hole in my left butt cheek to going out completely.  I hope my car doesn't catch on fire.  At least not with me in it!!  Does insurance cover that?

I also enjoyed a yummy bowl of oatmeal on the drive.


In the mix:
1 cup of oats
1 3/4 cups of almond milk
1 banana
1 handful of walnuts
1 handful of cranberries (sweetened ONLY with juice - I love cranberries and most brands sweeten them with sugar - what's the point??? - these I LOVE)

It was delicious and hit the spot!!

Mom is getting a little better, but it is going to be a really slow process.  Her shoulder was essentially hanging on my a what amounts to a piece of dental floss.  It's supposed to be attached now, but has a long way to go.  Then...shoulder #2...she is a lucky girl.  That must be where I get a lot of my crazy luck in life :-)

Today was a 1/2 work at the office and 1/2 work from home day.  I am loving this new situation.  I can be productive at work during the day, then head out and go for a run, shower, have some lunch, then jump back into it at home.  I can run down the street to work for awhile at a coffee shop or the Mexican restaurant with free wi-fi...I know, weird, but, hey, a change of scenery makes ALL the difference.

The prediction is 6-8" of snow for tomorrow...we'll see!  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment